Roofcell Drainage & Water Storage
Roofcell is a lightweight, high strength, interlocking module that provides excellent sub-soil drainage and water storage for green roofs, planters and landscaped decks.
As well as improving the appearance of buildings, green roofs give landscape architects many benefits. Green roofs can lower energy costs and improve the comfort of the internal environment. They can also improve air quality by reducing carbon monoxide, increasing oxygen supply and reducing the thermal drafts that draw up pollutants from surrounding areas.
Other benefits include the reduction of storm water run-off and an increase in the life of waterproofing membranes by providing protection from UV, thermal shock and puncture. Roofcell modules can also be used in a variety of other applications as an efficient alternative to traditional pipes and gravels; including retaining walls, bridge abutments, sports fields and buried structures.
- Rapid capture and discharge of surplus water
- High water storage capacity
- Effective return of stored water to planting
- Allows greater soil depths for a wider variety of plants
- Able to withstand pedestrian and light vehicle traffic
- Roof gardens
- Landscaped decks
- Paved areas and roadways
- Sports fields and golf courses
- Retaining walls
- Capillary irrigation
- Basement walls
- Pond filtration
- Can be used as an alternative to perforated pipe